The first haircut is a special moment for any baby, and for many parents, it can be a little nerve-wracking. If you're wondering what to expect during your baby's haircut girl, here's some information to help guide you.
Most babies will sit still for their haircut with little fuss. However, some babies may become fussy or even cry. If this happens, don't worry - your baby's hairstylist will know how to handle the situation.
In most cases, a baby's first haircut is just a trim - the stylist will simply remove any stray hairs that are sticking out. However, if your baby has very long hair, the stylist may give her a more complete haircut.
How to prepare your baby for the first haircut?
There's no need to do anything special - just make sure your baby is clean and comfortable. You may want to bring a pacifier or toy to keep her occupied. Be sure your baby won`t be afraid of the shears and enjoy her first haircut.
What should you say during the baby`s first haircut?
During baby`s first haircut girl, tell her that now it`s time to take care of beautiful hair and that you`re going to give them a wonderful haircut. Explain that the stylist is going to use special tools such as big scissors and electric trimmers. Talk about what colors you want for bows and flowers. Tell your child she can make wishes like the princesses in fairy tales. And don't forget: congratulate with a bar of delicious chocolate or sweet after this very responsible procedure.
How often should you cut your baby`s hair?
This is a question that often comes up for new parents. The answer, of course, depends on the baby. Some babies will need a haircut every few months, while others may only need one once or twice a year.
How do you know when it`s time for a haircut?
One sign that your baby needs a haircut is if their hair is constantly in their eyes. If you notice that their hair is getting in the way of their vision or causing them discomfort, then it`s probably time for a haircut. You should also cut your baby`s hair if it`s starting to look too long.
What should you choose - scissors or trimmer?
This is a personal decision that you'll have to make. Some parents prefer to use scissors, while others find trimmers easier and less scary for their baby. No matter what you choose, just be sure to choose a quality tool that will give your baby a neat and tidy haircut.
How to hold your baby during the haircut?
Since your baby is going to be very small, you'll need to do most of the work when it comes to holding her still. Sit in a chair with your baby in your lap and hold her securely against you. You may want to wrap a cloth or towel around her lower body for added security.
When your girl grows up and under your supervision, she will know well what is a haircut and how to treat it.
What type of haircut should you give your baby?
There are many different types of styles you can give your baby. The easiest way to cut hair is to use a pair of scissors. However, some people prefer using electric hair clippers or even a beard trimmer.
If you`re going to cut your baby`s hair with a pair of scissors, start by combing their hair all the way through so it`s nice and smooth. Then, try holding the top section of their hair between your index finger and thumb while cutting straight down from that point with the scissors in the other hand.
In order for this method to work well, make sure not to hold any one section of hair for too long—try cutting small bits at a time instead of large chunks. Also, try holding larger sections of hair if you want to give your baby a more layered look.
If you`re using electric hair clippers, start by combing their hair all the way through so it`s nice and smooth. Then, place the clippers at the bottom of their hair and clip upwards. Be careful not to go too high up, as you don`t want to cut their scalp.
Finally, if you`re using a beard trimmer, start by combing their hair all the way through so it`s nice and smooth. Then, set the trimmer to a longer setting and carefully trim away any excess hair. Make sure not to trim too close to the scalp, as you don`t want to cut your baby`s skin.
What should you do when your baby cries during a haircut?
You can try to distract them with toys or sing soothing songs in order to calm them down before continuing with the haircut. If all else fails, you may want to wait until your baby is in a better mood and try again later.
Also, don`t be tempted to give in to their demands and end the haircut early just because they start crying—give yourself enough time to finish the process properly so you know it looks good. Otherwise, they might not like the final result as much as if you had given them their requested "lion shave" (or whatever it is they were asking for).
5 Best haircut ideas for your girl
- Bowl Cut: A bowl cut is a very simple style that is perfect for young babies. All you have to do is cut their hair evenly around the head, either with scissors or a trimmer.
- Pixie Cut: A pixie cut is a popular style for older girls and can be achieved by using electric hair clippers or scissors. Just make sure to keep the hair short around the ears and neck.
- Shaggy Bob: A shaggy bob is a fun style that can be achieved by using scissors to trim longer hair into choppy layers.
- Feathered Bob: A feathered bob is similar to a shaggy bob, but features soft and feathery ends.
- Straight Bob: A straight bob is a very simple style that will look great on young babies. Just make sure to cut the hair evenly around the head, either with scissors or a trimmer.
Hairstyle ideas for short hair
Cute Pompadour Hairdo:
To do this hairstyle for your baby girl you need to part the hair off to one side of their head. Then twist that section of hair tightly on itself and pin in place with bobby pins or barrettes.
Vintage Inspired Pinup Hairstyle:
To do this hairstyle for your baby girl you need to brush all the hair over to one side of her head, then take a rubber band and tie it around all her hair at the back of her neck so that it is in a ponytail. You can leave it like this or clip some cute little clips into her hair for added effect.
Bold Pixie Cut:
To do this hairstyle for your baby girl you need to cut the hair short all over so that it is one length. You can use hair clippers or scissors. If you want you can also shave a funky design into her head which usually looks really cute.
Short Bob with Undercuts:
To do this hairstyle for your baby girl you need to cut the hair short all over so that it is one length. You can use hair clippers or scissors. Then shave a section of her hair on either side of her head in a line up towards the top.
Precious Little Girl with Curls:
To do this hairstyle for your baby girl you need to apply some cute little clips into her hair and then curl it all over with a curling iron. You can leave some sections straight if you wish or curl them as well to add volume and texture. Tease out some sections at the front for added effect.
Hairstyle ideas for long hair
Choppy Messy Lob with Bangs:
To do this hairstyle for your baby girl you need to cut the hair long all over so that it is one length. You can use scissors or a trimmer. Then, randomly chop the ends of the hair into choppy layers. Next, section off some of the hair from the front of her head and pin it back with bobby pins or a barrette. Finally, style the bangs in whatever way you like.
Sleek and Straight Long Hair:
To do this hairstyle for your baby girl you need to brush all her hair straight and then apply a serum or hairspray to keep it sleek all day long. You can either leave it loose or put it into a high ponytail or bun.
Classic Angelina Jolie Style Lob:
To do this hairstyle for your baby girl you need to cut the hair long all over so that it is one length. You can use scissors or a trimmer. Then, take random sections of the hair and chop off some of the ends with choppy layers to achieve an edgy style.
Cute Cropped Bob with Wispy Ends:
To do this hairstyle for the baby girl you need to cut her hair short all over so that it is one length. You can use clippers or scissors. Make sure to shave around her ears and neck as well to make her look extra cute. Then, randomly chop the ends of the hair into wispy layers which will give off a really messy but still stylish feel.
Long Choppy Pixie with Highlights and Lowlights:
To do this hairstyle for the baby girl you need to cut her hair short all over so that it is one length. You can use clippers or scissors. Then, take random sections of the hair and chop off some of the ends with choppy layers to achieve an edgy style. Next, add in some highlights and lowlights using a hair dyeing kit. This will give her hair a really cool ombre look.
- braids - take an elastic band and tie their hair into 2 little ponytails then braid them together.
- pigtails - take an elastic band and tie their hair into two sections, one for each pigtail.
- pigtails with braids (you can also do this with french braids)
- make an undercut on either side of her head in a line towards her ears or up to the top of her head. you can shave upwards if you like but make sure to only shave the sides.
- large buns at either side of her head (leave out sections that frame her face). If you want, use cute little clips in her hair before doing this style so that it looks extra cute.
- ponytails - take an elastic band and tie their hair into two sections, one for each ponytail.
- make a side-swept fringe in front of one side of her head to get that edgy look.
- side braids - take an elastic band and tie their hair into two sections, one for each braid.
- long french braids on either side of her head (leave out the top section which will be styled). If you want, use cute little clips in her hair before doing this style so that it looks extra cute.
- buns - take all of her hair and put it into a high bun or low bun. You can also do messy buns which look really trendy at the moment.
- dutch braids - these are similar to french braids but are done in a different way. you can find a tutorial online if you're not sure how to do them.
- fishtail braid - this is a more complicated braid but it's definitely worth mastering. again, there are plenty of tutorials online which will show you how to do it properly.
- twists - take two sections of her hair and twist them around each other until they meet in the back. use an elastic band to secure them in place. you can do this style on either side.
- crown braids - a hairstyle in which you section her head into four parts and do a plait on each section. Then tie them together to get the look.
Girls are not like boys where they can get away with having short hair. Their delicate face structure makes it hard for short haircuts to look good on them. That is why this article showcases the many different hairstyles that you can do on your little girl's hair so she can have a great looking do each day